This DIY Pet Paw Print Kit enables you to take either your pet’s paw print or your child’s hand/foot print at home. The print is produced by using an inkless towelette, this way there is no mess involved. The towelette reacts with the paper to produce an imprint in a matter of seconds.
The towelette is non-toxic making it safe to use on both pets and children. The imprint makes a lovely gift for family members and can be used to create beautiful keepsakes such as a pendant, candle, cushion or key ring, click here for more details. You can also use the paw print imprint to create your own designs, or as part of a pet memorial tattoo.
The Pet Paw Print Kit includes:
- 1 inkless towelette
- 2 sheets of paw print paper
- 1 card frame
- An instruction sheet
Before taking the paw imprint
Ensure your pet’s paw is clean and dry before taking the imprint. If your pet has long claws or fur you may wish to trim them first to give a more defined print. Attach the paper onto a clipboard or solid surface so you do not have to touch the paper whilst moving it around
Taking the paw imprint
- Open the sachet containing the towelette & choose one of your pet’s paws to use for the imprint.
- Carefully wipe each of the pads on the underside of the chosen paw with the towelette – ensure all pads on the chosen paw have been fully wiped.
- Firmly place your pet’s paw onto the shiny side of the imprint paper. Do not rotate or drag your pet’s paw across the paper as this will result in a smudged print.
- Keep both the paper and paw still, then lift the paw off the paper after a few seconds.
Important note: If you touch the towelette and then the paper your own fingerprint will appear on the paper.
Mounting the imprint
Wash your hands thoroughly after taking the imprint. Carefully place the paw imprint into the supplied frame to avoid unwanted marks. If you wish you can also scan or photograph the imprint so you have a digital copy.